These are the most delicious everything chicken bites! Tender chunks of chicken are tossed with homemade everything but the bagel seasoning and sauteed to a golden brown. Serve these chicken nuggets with basil hummus dip for a fun dinner or a tasty snack.
Everything but the bagel seasoning is one of my favorites! It's that famous and well loved bagel topping. But it's just to delicious to only use on bagels.
I sprinkle it on cream cheese topped toast, scrambled eggs, roasted vegetables and my super easy mac and cheese recipe. And I also use a generous amount to make my Everything Chicken Bites. They're delicious dipped in basil hummus too.
table of contents
what's everything but the bagel spice mix
Everything but the bagel seasoning or everything seasoning for short is a multipurpose spice mix that's salty, garlicky, oniony, toasty and nutty. It is a combination of poppy seeds, white and black sesame seeds, dried minced onions and garlic, and kosher salt.
They're some delicious brands of everything bagel seasoning at the grocery store and online.
This slightly crunchy spice mix is one of my go-to seasonings. I mix up a homemade batch to have on hand. Store the versatile spice mix in an airtight container, and it will stay fresh for up to 6 months.
the ingredients and substitutions
With some simple seasonings and fresh ingredients these everything chicken bites aren't only delicious, they're a snap to make too.
- poppy seeds
- white sesame seeds
- black sesame seeds
- dried minced onions
- dried minced garlic
- kosher salt
- chicken tenderloins ~ Boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs are tasty alternatives.
- large egg
- olive oil
- Garden Fresh Basil Hummus for serving
- sliced cucumber and bell pepper for serving ~ Or add pita chips, crackers or substitute your raw vegetables.
Start by measuring and combining the spices for the everything seasoning. This recipe makes more than is needed for this chicken bites dish. Store the extra spice mix in an airtight container. You want to use it on everything!
Next toss bite sized pieces of chicken with cornstarch. The addition of the cornstarch helps the chicken brown easily and stay juicy on the inside.
Add in a beaten egg and stir so the chicken is completely covered. Add a generous amount of your homemade everything seasoning to the coated chicken. Give it a good stir. You want the chicken completely coated with the spices.
Heat a large sauté pan and add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the seasoned chicken bites. Let them cook until golden brown on the bottom before flipping them over.
After a few more minutes of cooking, the delish everything but the bagel chicken bites are ready to serve!
- The chicken will all cook at the same rate if it's cut in the same size pieces. Chicken tenderloins are my first choice for this recipe because they are so tender. But boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs are delicious alternatives.
- The chicken will brown more evenly and quickly when the oil is hot before adding it to the sauté pan.
- Resist the urge to stir the chicken too often while cooking so that it can get a toasty golden brown on each side.
Yes! Cook in an air fryer at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F on an instant read digital thermometer.
Besides hummus, try ranch, blue cheese, thousand island, or cilantro lime dipping sauces.
more chicken recipes to try
- Parmesan Everything Bagel Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- French Onion Chicken Bake
- Easy Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders
- Easy One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken with Toasted Almonds
just one more thing
If you make any of these delicious everything chicken bites, I’d love hearing from you.
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ~ I do my best to reply to all your comments. And snap a photo to post to Instagram. I’ll add the photos to my Insta stories as I love seeing all your creations.Print
These are the most delicious chicken bites! Tender chunks of chicken are tossed with homemade everything but the bagel seasoning and sauteed to a golden brown. Serve these chicken nuggets with hummus dip for a fun dinner or tasty snack.
- 4 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Garden Fresh Basil Hummus for serving
- sliced cucumbers and bell peppers for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the poppy seeds, white and black sesame seeds, dried minced onion, dried minced garlic, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, place the bite sized pieces of chicken and add the cornstarch. Toss the chicken to coat completely with the cornstarch.
- Add the egg to the cornstarch coated chicken and stir so that the chicken is completely covered with the egg.
- Sprinkle the chicken with 6 tablespoons of the everything but the bagel seasoning and toss to coat the chicken with the spice mix. Store the remaining spice mix in an airtight container for future use.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the seasoned chicken in a single layer. Cook the chicken for about 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom side. Flip the chicken over and continue cooking until golden brown all over and cooked throughout about another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a platter. Serve with hummus for dipping along with cucumbers and bell peppers.
- Everything but the bagel seasoning is one of my favorite spice mixes. I like to mix up my own batch so I can add a little more dried minced garlic, poppy seeds or any of the spices on a whim. But the premade everything but the bagel seasoning can be substituted if you would like.
- Cut the chicken in the same size pieces so they all cook at the same rate. Chicken tenderloins are my first choice for this recipe because they are so tender. But boneless skinless chicken breasts can also by used in the dish.
- Make sure the oil is hot before adding the chicken to the sauté pan.
- Resist the urge to stir the chicken too often when it is cooking so that it can get a golden brown on each side.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: appetizer or entrée
- Method: cook on stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of chicken + 2 TB hummus
- Calories: 386
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 811 mg
- Fat: 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 48.9 g
- Cholesterol: 136 mg
Keywords: chicken bites, everything bagel chicken, chicken nuggets, easy chicken recipe