Antipasto Skewers are a super easy to make appetizer that are perfect for any party, picnic, or potluck. Double the recipe to feed a crowd.
As the holiday season gets into full swing, I am up early to get a jump on the day. Our first guests are arriving today ~ Yea!! My refrigerator is overflowing with every food imaginable after two HUGE hauls from the grocery store. I vow to not go back and fight the crowds. Even if I forgot to pick up something up, I will make do. One appetizer, snack, nibble that I will have on hand for our visiting guests will be my delicious Antipasto Skewers.
The ingredients in the appetizer skewers
These tasty appetizer skewers are ridiculously easy to make. Actually the recipe is more of an assembly line than a traditional recipe. Everyone loves the fresh flavors.
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh mozzarella – 1-inch size also known as ciliegine
- artichoke hearts – the ones packed in water
- black olives – large and without pits
- thinly sliced spicy salami
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- chopped fresh basil
- finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6-inch bamboo skewers
This is one of my favorite “recipes” as you can change the ingredients to the ones you love. Try adding cheese tortellini (one of my favorites!), thin slices of pepperoni, blue cheese stuffed green olives, roasted red peppers, fresh basil leaves, and pepper jack cheese cubes. The adaptions are limitless!
Chef cooking tips
- Choose or cut all the ingredients to about the same size.
- Use artichoke hearts that are canned and packed in water. The can should be 5-7 count which means it has 5 to 7 artichoke hearts in the can. The hearts are large enough to cut in quarters and the perfect size for the antipasto skewers.
- There is no set way to thread the ingredients on the skewers. I am partial to putting all the ingredients on in the same order. But feel free to mix and match the tomatoes, mozzarella, salami, artichoke hearts and olives in a whimsical presentation.
Make the antipasto skewers in advance
As an added bonus, make the recipe up to 6 hours in advance. Just assemble the skewers and put them on a platter. Cover it with plastic wrap and pop the appetizer in the refrigerator. No last minute recipe prep for this one!
If you make this delicious and easy antipasto skewer recipe, I’d love hearing from you all. Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ~ I do my best to reply to all your comments. And snap a photo to post to Instagram. I’ll add the photos to my Insta stories as I love seeing all your creations.
More of my favorite easy appetizers
- BLT Bites – all the fabulous flavors of the famous sandwich in 1 bite
- Honey Ham and Fresh Pineapple Pizza Squares – so quick! Large tortillas stand in for the crust.
- Mini Thai Meatballs with Coconut Red Curry Sauce – so much flavor in these little meatballs.
Delicious and fresh antipasto skewers are perfect for your next party, meeting, or picnic. Make these appetizers in advance or double the recipe to serve a crowd
24 (6 inch) wooden skewers
24 cherry tomatoes (1 pint)
24 thin slices of salami
24 pieces of artichoke hearts (1 (15-ounce) packed in water)
24 small mozzarella balls (Ciliegine sized)
24 large black olives, no pits (1 (15-ounce) can)
1 tablespoon chopped basil
2 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
Assemble the skewers and ingredients on the work surface
For each skewer, place 1 each of the following: cherry tomato, thin salami slice (folded in thirds), artichoke heart piece, mozzarella ball, and black olive.
Place the skewers on a large platter and drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
Sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper, and the Italian spice blend.
The skewers can be made up to 6 hours in advance. Assemble the skewers and place on a platter. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no cooking required
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 441 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol: 26 mg
Keywords: antipasto skewers, appetizer skewers