Antipasto Skewers are a super easy to make appetizer that are perfect for any party, picnic, or potluck. Double the recipe to feed a crowd.
As the holiday season gets into full swing, I am up early to get a jump on the day. Our first guests are arriving today ~ Yea!!
My refrigerator is overflowing with every food imaginable after two HUGE hauls from the grocery store. One appetizer, snack, nibble that I will have on hand for our visiting guests will be these of so good and easy to make Antipasto Skewers.
why I love antipasto skewers
These tasty appetizer skewers are ridiculously easy to make. Actually the recipe is more of an assembly line than a traditional recipe. Everyone loves the fresh flavors.
This is one of my favorite “recipes” as you can change the ingredients to the ones you love. Try adding cheese tortellini (one of my favorites!), thin slices of pepperoni, blue cheese stuffed green olives, roasted red peppers, fresh basil leaves, and pepper jack cheese cubes. The adaptions are limitless!
the ingredients for easy antipasto skewers
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh mozzarella – 1-inch size also known as ciliegine
- artichoke hearts – the ones packed in water
- black olives – large and without pits
- thinly sliced spicy salami
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- chopped fresh basil
- finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6-inch bamboo skewers
suggestions and recipe tips
- Choose or cut all the ingredients to about the same size.
- Use artichoke hearts that are canned and packed in water. The can should be 5-7 count which means it has 5 to 7 artichoke hearts in the can. The hearts are large enough to cut in quarters and the perfect size for the antipasto skewers.
- There is no set way to thread the ingredients on the skewers. I am partial to putting all the ingredients on in the same order. But feel free to mix and match the tomatoes, mozzarella, salami, artichoke hearts and olives in a whimsical presentation.
can you make the antipasto skewers in advance?
Most definitely! As an added bonus, make the antipasto skewers up to 6 hours in advance. Just assemble the skewers and put them on a platter. Cover it with plastic wrap and pop them into the refrigerator. No last minute recipe prep for this one!
just one more thing
If you make these delicious and easy antipasto skewers, I’d love hearing from you all. Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ~ I do my best to reply to all your comments. And snap a photo to post to Instagram. I’ll add the photos to my Insta stories as I love seeing all your creations.
Also check out my Facebook and Pinterest pages for lots of fabulous foodie stories, videos, cooking tips, and recipes.
more easy appetizer recipes I love
- BLT Bites – all the fabulous flavors of the famous sandwich in 1 bite
- Hawaiian Tortilla Pizza with Ham, Bacon, and Pineapple – so quick! Large tortillas stand in for the crust.
- Mini Thai Meatballs with Coconut Red Curry Sauce – so much flavor in these little meatballs.
- Blackened Tuna Bites with Sweet Pickle Dipping Sauce – easy to make!
Super Easy Antipasto Skewers
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 24 skewers 1x
Delicious and fresh antipasto skewers are perfect for your next party, meeting, or picnic. Make these appetizers in advance or double the recipe to serve a crowd.
- 24 (6 inch) wooden skewers
- 24 cherry tomatoes (1 pint)
- 24 thin slices of salami
- 24 pieces of artichoke hearts (1 (15-ounce) packed in water)
- 24 small mozzarella balls (Ciliegine sized)
- 24 large black olives, no pits (1 (15-ounce) can)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Assemble the skewers and ingredients on the work surface
- For each skewer, place 1 each of the following: cherry tomato, thin salami slice (folded in thirds), artichoke heart piece, mozzarella ball, and black olive.
- Place the skewers on a large platter and drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper, and the Italian spice blend.
The skewers can be made up to 6 hours in advance. Assemble the skewers and place on a platter. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no cooking required
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 441 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol: 26 mg
Keywords: antipasto skewers, appetizer skewers
Leave a Reply