This easy recipe is the best way to make a big batch of Cheeseburger Sliders. Bake 1 large patty, top with cheese and cut into 24 sliders. Serve these crowd pleasing sliders on soft rolls with pickles, ketchup and mustard.
I love burgers. Either on the grill in our backyard or at a restaurant, burgers are one of my favorites. When grilling at home ~ we grill 12 months out of the year along the Jersey shore ~ All-American burgers are always sizzling away on our Weber grill. When I need to feed a crowd, I make quick work of burger making with this Cheeseburger Sliders recipe.
Sign up to receive the latest recipes from amycaseycooks
and get my e-book 20 Tasty Salad Recipes for free!
I stumbled upon a speedier version of my char-grilled burgers way back in 2009. Fellow blogger Robin of The Big Red Kitchen shared a cheeseburger sliders recipe. The method is for baking 1 large burger patty and then cutting in 24 sliders. No more forming 2 dozen individual burgers. Ingenious!
ingredients for sheet pan cheeseburger sliders
- ground beef ~ I like an 85/15 blend for this recipe
- bread crumbs
- Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- American cheese ~ a classic!
- dill pickle chips
- small slider rolls ~ these are smaller than regular slider rolls and usually referred to as dinner rolls
- ketchup and mustard
chef cooking tips for this cheeseburger sliders recipe
Cheeseburger Sliders have all the deliciousness ofnion full size burgers but, in a mini version. The time saving recipe skips the forming of individual burgers and the time spent at the grill.
- Along with the ground beef add eggs, bread crumbs moistened with whole milk, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Press the seasoned ground beef into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. If the patty “cracks” while cooking, press it back together. The cheese will hold it together.
- Top with slices of American cheese and pop the pan bake in the oven for a minute or 2.
- Cut the large “patty” into 24 separate sliders and serve on mini soft rolls.
The topping for the sliders options are endless. Offer ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato and crispy bacon so everyone can create their own 3 bite masterpiece. Oven roasted fries, thick slices of icy cold watermelon, crunchy cole slaw, and these easy sugar cookies round out the perfect menu.
If you make this easy and fun to eat cheeseburger sliders recipe, I’d love hearing from you all. Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ~ I do my best to reply to all your comments. And snap a photo to post to Instagram. I’ll add the photos to my Insta stories as I love seeing all your creations.
My latest cooking videosPrint
This is the best way to make a big batch of Cheeseburger Sliders in not time at all. Bake 1 large patty in the oven, top with American cheese and cut into 24 sliders. Serve these crowd pleasing sliders on mini rolls with pickles, ketchup and mustard.
- 1 medium onion (finely diced, about 1 cup)
- 2 pounds for ground beef (85/15 blend)
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs mixed with 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 slices of American cheese
- 24 dill pickle chips
- 24 small slider rolls or mini potato buns (sliced open)
- Ketchup and mustard for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the finely chopped onions evenly over the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently but thoroughly combine the ground beef, bread crumb/milk mixture, beaten eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Press the meat mixture evenly over the onions in the baking dish.
- Bake sliders for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and blot the top of the sliders with paper towels. This will soak up some of the grease.
- Top the sliders with the American cheese. Return the sliders to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese is just melted.
- Remove the sliders from the oven and cut in to 24 squares.
- Serve each slider on a bun with a pickle along with ketchup and mustard.
The patty may “crack” while it is baking. Press it back together before topping it with the slices of American cheese. The melted cheese will hold it together.
The sliders can be made in advance. Prep, cook and assemble the sliders and let completely cool. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Reheat covered in a 375 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Reheat 2 sliders at a time in the microwave on 70% power at 30 second intervals until heated through.
- Category: appetizer or entree
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slider
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 361 mg
- Fat: 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 11.6 g
- Cholesterol: 43 mg
Keywords: sliders, cheeseburger sliders, cheeseburger sliders recipe, sliders recipe