From amazing appetizers and snacks to hearty soup and salads to scrumptious main dishes, I’ve gathered my best spicy and not too spicy recipes for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo recipes
I love pairing holidays with fun and festive recipes. And these Cinco de Mayo party food ideas are a delicious way to get the fiesta started. We have a family member born on May 5th so there is always a party with Mexican inspired dishes on the menu. There may be one or two margaritas too!
I’m sharing some of my family and personal chef clients’ all time favorite Cinco de Mayo recipes celebrating Mexican cuisine. I have added a few of my own unique twists to the recipes and I hope you enjoy them!
Dips and Soups
- Bean and Avocado Texas Caviar Recipe ~ A delicious Texas Caviar recipe. Some people may call it Cowboy Caviar. It’s a hearty bean dip/salad with Tex-Mex spices with a zip from jalapeno, garden freshness from avocado, bell pepper and sweet corn, and a tang from a light lime and balsamic vinegar dressing.
- Easy Pico de Gallo Recipe ~ This easy Pico de Gallo recipe is a super tasty fresh salsa that everyone will love! It’s a combination of farm fresh tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers, lime juice, and cilantro. Grab a bag of tortillas chips. This snack is DELICIOUS!
- Instant Pot Creamy Green Enchilada Chicken Soup ~ This Instant Pot Creamy Green Enchilada Chicken Soup recipe is super speedy to make. It’s cozy and full of Mexican flavors. Grab some chicken breasts, chicken stock, onions, warm Mexican spices, jalapenos, a jar of salsa verde, cream cheese and beans. In about an hour, the most scrumptious soup you ever tasted will be ready to eat.
Chilis, Salads, and Dressing
- Spicy Chili with Butternut Squash ~ On a chilly day, nothing is better than a steaming bowl of Spicy Chili with Butternut Squash. This hearty ground beef chili recipe gets a flavor boost from kidney beans and butternut squash.
- 30 Minute Summer Vegetable and Bean Chili ~ This 30 Minute Summer Vegetable and Bean Chili recipe is delicious! Loaded with bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, corn and two kinds of beans, this chili gets a spicy kick from jalapenos. Top with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and cool sour cream for a quick and nutritious lunch or dinner.
- Southwest Salad with Chipotle Chicken ~ An awesome and delicious Southwest Salad! With smoky, spicy chicken, crunchy greens, avocado, black beans, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, pepper jack cheese, and a cool, creamy and zesty cilantro lime dressing, you will be making this entrée salad over and over again.
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing ~ This Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing is a breeze to whip up. Fresh cilantro and a double dose of lime from the juice and zest make this cool and creamy dressing perfect for any salad. And it is so easy to make too!
Enchiladas, Chicken, and Shrimp Main Dishes
- Veggie and Black Bean Enchiladas ~ Veggie and Black Bean Enchiladas. Super easy to make!! Fill tortillas with sauteed onion, red pepper, zucchini and spicy pepper jack and cheddar cheeses. Top with a smokey red enchilada sauce and more cheese. Bake for a cozy dish full of Mexican flavor!
- Easy and Delicious Beef Enchiladas ~ Easy and Delicious Beef Enchiladas are loaded with seasoned ground beef, zucchini, sweet corn, and shredded cheddar cheese. The homemade enchilada sauce contains the “secret ingredient” of peanut butter giving the dish its genuine Mexican flavor.
- Chili Lime Chicken with Avocado Tomato Salsa ~ Chili Lime Chicken with Avocado Tomato Salsa. Smoky grilled chili and lime marinated chicken gets a cool topping of a avocado tomato salsa. This one will be a family favorite!
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Mango Avocado Salsa ~ This easy to make shrimp recipe has bright and fresh flavors. Shrimp is tossed with a light butter, garlic, lime, and cilantro sauce and served with Mango Avocado Salsa.
My Cooking Video for Veggie and Black Bean Enchiladas
If you make any of my Cinco de Mayo recipes, I’d love hearing from you all. Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ~ I do my best to reply to all your comments. And snap a photo to post to Instagram. I’ll add the photos to my Insta stories as I love seeing all your creations.