An easy to make breakfast casserole, Crustless Spinach and Bacon Quiche Squares skip the usual crust of a quiche and is brimming with eggs, cheddar cheese, bacon, and spinach.
As I’m pretty blurry eyed when I wake up, all I can usually manage is making my morning cup of coffee. Thinking about preparing breakfast while still sleepy is not the first thing on my mind. Instead, I keep a few grab and go breakfast items on hand like freezer smoothies. Having a hearty breakfast waiting for me the the fridge is a lifesaver. My Crustless Spinach and Bacon Quiche Squares are brimming with favorite quiche ingredients but, skips the crust. The hearty breakfast will keep you full until lunch time.
Sign up to receive the latest recipes from amycaseycooks
and get my e-book 20 Tasty Salad Recipes for free!
the ingredients for a crustless spinach and bacon quiche
- large eggs
- baking powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- cottage cheese
- Dijon mustard
- frozen chopped spinach
- cheddar cheese
This spinach and bacon quiche without a crust is easy to toss together. The ingredients are ones you usually have on hand. Whip up eggs, cheese, some sort of cooked breakfast meat like bacon or sausage, and any vegetables hanging out in your refrigerator. Pour into a greased baking dish, bake for about 30 minutes, and breakfast is ready. Easy peasy.
chef cooking tips for the crustless quiche recipe
- The #1 reason I love this recipe is because it did not have a crust. The less steps the better when I’m trying to navigate the kitchen in the wee morning hours. No rolling or prebaking of the crust to mess with. And my crust was never quite right when it came to quiche making. It was either a little soggy or not the right size to fit my pie pan.
- Also, it is best to cook the vegetables before adding them to the quiche. You just need some of the water to come out of the veggies. Otherwise the quiche will not set up quite right. Either saute or steam the veggies. If you are in a hurry, zap the finely diced vegetables in the microwave at 30 second intervals until they are just cooked through.
- Cut the quiche in nice neat squares for serving. Refrigerate any leftovers and reheat in the microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds.
adapt the quiche to your favorite ingredients
Making quiche is fun to make as you can prepare it any way you like. Change up the fillings and add your favorites. Some combos I love to make include ~
- broccoli, cheddar and ham
- spinach, Swiss and bacon
- tomato, herb goat cheese and breakfast sausage
- red and yellow bell peppers, onion and pepper jack cheese
- cherry tomato, bacon, scallion and blue cheese
more breakfast recipes to try…
- Spiced Pumpkin Breakfast Quinoa Bowl
- Pumpkin Streusel Bread Mini Loaves
- Blueberry Bread Pudding Pancakes
Also, if you make this easy and delicious crustless spinach and bacon quiche recipe, I’d love hearing from you. Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ~ I do my best to reply to all your comments. And snap a photo to post to Instagram. I’ll add the photos to my Insta stories as I love seeing all your creations.
my videos ~ french press coffeePrint
A perfect breakfast quiche for mornings when entertaining overnight guests. The recipe can be adapted to include your favorite vegetables, breakfast meats and cheeses.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cottage cheese (small curd)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted) + more to butter pan
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated cheese – cheddar (Gruerye, Swiss are great options too!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 9 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the cottage cheese, butter, and mustard.
- Add the spinach, bacon and cheese and stir gently.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is just set.
- Let cool slightly and cut into 16 squares.
The recipe can be adapted to include your favorite vegetables, breakfast meats and cheeses.
Substitute 2 cups of steamed or sauteed vegetables for the chopped spinach.
Substitute about 1/2 cup cooked breakfast sausage or ham for the bacon.
Substitute your favorite cheese for the cheddar.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 2 squares of quiche
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 727 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 22.3 g
- Cholesterol: 164 mg
Keywords: quiche, crustless quiche, breakfast quiche, quiche without a crust, brunch, bacon