An oh so easy one pan dinner, Chicken with Pomodoro Sauce is ready in about 20 minutes. Saute chicken cutlets and smother in a light vodka and cream sauce with fresh cherry tomatoes. This chicken recipe is perfect for dinner on a busy night.
Thinking of ordering take out again? No need to pull out the stack of menus when a healthy, quick, and easy recipe like Chicken with Pomodoro Sauce can be ready for dinner in less than 20 minutes. Add sides of roasted asparagus and angel hair pasta for a family pleasing meal on a hectic week night.
Boneless skinless chicken breasts make for a quick dinner
Chicken is one of if not the most popular choices for dinner. And boneless, skinless chicken breasts top the list of favorites for busy dinnertime cooks. The benefits of preparing this versatile cut of meat include ~
- chicken pairs well with many different ingredients like vine ripe tomatoes, tangy lemons, or spicy jalapeno peppers
- boneless skinless chicken breasts are a good source of protein and low in fat
- thin chicken cutlets cook quickly
- chicken can cook in a variety of ways ~~ grill, sauté or bake
How to cut chicken breast into cutlets
How many times have you bought a package of chicken breasts and they are all different sizes? In the most recent package of chicken I purchased, the boneless skinless breasts ranged from 6 ounces to 12 ounces. Having chicken cutlets that are the same in size and weight ensures even cooking. Here is a quick video to show you how to cut larger chicken breasts into thin serving size cutlets.
Chef’s cooking notes for chicken with pomodoro sauce
Only a handful of ingredients are needed to make Chicken with Pomodoro Sauce. The prep and cooking time come in at a speedy 20 minutes. Dredge thin chicken breasts in a mixture of flour, salt and pepper. Saute the chicken in a little olive oil. Use the same pan to make the vodka, cream, lemon juice and cherry tomato sauce. Just be sure to remove the pan from the heat before adding the vodka. A pat of butter and a sprinkle of chopped chives finishes the dish.
With the recipe for Chicken with Pomodoro Sauce in hand, a quick, delicious and family favorite dinner is possible on the busiest of nights.
More one pan recipes
- Jalapeno Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Roasted Maple Salmon with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- Thai Curry Chicken and Rice Bowls
- Chicken with Capicola and Chardonnay Wine Butter Sauce
If you make this family favorite chicken recipe, I’d love hearing from you all. Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ~ I do my best to reply to all your comments. And snap a photo to post to Instagram. I’ll add the photos to my Insta stories as I love seeing all your creations and how you decorate the cake.
An easy one pan dinner, Chicken Pomodoro is ready in 20 minutes. Saute chicken filets and smother in a light vodka & cream sauce with fresh cherry tomatoes.
- ½ cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 8 thin chicken cutlets (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons chives (minced)
- Place flour in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- When the oil begins to shimmer, sauté the chicken breasts in 2 or 3 batches for about 2 minutes per side. The chicken should be just cooked through and golden brown. Remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Remove the sauté pan from the heat and the vodka. Return the sauté pan to the burner over medium heat and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, cream, lemon juice, and tomatoes. Bring to a low boil and then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the tomatoes just begin to soften.
- Add the butter to the pan and stir.
- Return chicken to pan and ladle sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with the chives.
Large chicken breasts can be cut into thin cutlets. See video in the post. Remove the pan from the heat when adding the vodka to avoid any flame ups.
- Category: entree
- Method: saute on stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 2 pieces of chicken w/sauce and tomatoes
- Calories: 455
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 752 mg
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 46 g
- Cholesterol: 161 mg
Keywords: easy chicken dinner, pomodoro, pomodoro sauce