If you are a mushroom lover then this is the recipe for you. Garlic Butter Mushrooms with Blue Cheese are so addictive, you will gobble them up before you know it.
I'm sharing a super easy, hands off side dish with you today. Many times the simple recipes are the most delicious and satisfying. Garlic Butter Mushrooms with Blue Cheese is such a versatile recipe. It goes well with grilled steak, pork, fish or chicken. I love to serve the mushrooms as a topper for the always favorite Smash Burgers. And they are delicious tossed in this Balsamic Herb Steak and Red Onion Salad.
Sign up to receive the latest recipes from amycaseycooks
and get my e-book 20 Tasty Salad Recipes for free!
the ingredients for garlic butter mushrooms with blue cheese
- mushrooms ~ cremini or button or a combo of both
- salted butter
- garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- blue cheese
- fresh herbs ~ thyme, parsley, and rosemary are some favorites
Sharp, salty, and pungent blue cheese is my first choice for this recipe. But feel free to substitute your favorite cheese. Try Parmesan, sharp cheddar, creamy Monterey Jack, or spicy jalapeno cheddar cheeses.
how to clean mushrooms
Unlike other vegetables, it's not recommended to give them a good rinse under running water to wash mushrooms. They are porous so they soak up lots of liquid. If washed in water, they will become mushy and lack in flavor. Rather than wash mushrooms in water, wipe off any dirt or debris with a dry paper towel. Store clean mushrooms in a paper bag in the refrigerator. If kept in a plastic bag, condensation will form and lead to slimy mushrooms. Yuk!
chef cooking tips for baked mushrooms
- A tip for roasting or baking vegetables is a game changer for me. When preheating the oven, put the baking sheet in at the same time. Not only does the scorching hot pan prevent the vegetables from sticking, it also speeds up the baking time.
- Mushrooms cook down and shrink A LOT when baked. Make the whole 3 pounds in the recipe. I promise you they will all be gobbled up.
- Keep the mushrooms whole for this recipe. Remove any large stems so there will be a nice little pocket to add the blue cheese.
- Keep the crumbles of blue cheese on the larger size. You want the cheese to fill the mushroom caps.
- Use fresh herbs when possible. Not only do they have a bright herby flavor, they add a punch of color to the otherwise brown and white dish.
These delicious garlic butter mushrooms can be served warm, at room temperature or cold. They would be great to serve at any parties this summer. And they are a hearty vegetarian option too. Toss with some pasta or even zucchini noodles for a meatless meal.
If you make this easy baked garlic butter mushroom recipe, I’d love hearing from you all. Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ~ I do my best to reply to all your comments. And snap a photo to post to Instagram. I’ll add the photos to my Insta stories as I love seeing all your creations.Print
If you are a mushroom lover then this is the recipe for you. Garlic Butter Mushrooms with Blue Cheese is a super easy side dish recipe with plenty of garlic and butter then finished off with blue cheese crumbles and fresh herbs.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven.
- In a large bowl, place the mushrooms and drizzle with the melted butter. Add the garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the mushrooms with the seasonings.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the blue cheese crumbles. Be sure to fill many of the mushroom caps with the cheese.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven. Place on a platter or in a large bowl and sprinkle with the fresh herbs.
Rather than wash mushrooms in water, wipe off any dirt or debris with a dry paper towel. Store clean mushrooms in a paper bag in the refrigerator. If kept in a plastic bag, condensation will form and lead to slimy mushrooms.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 627 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.6 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 9.9 g
- Cholesterol: 34 mg
Keywords: garlic butter mushrooms, keto recipe, easy side dish, mushrooms