No need to stand over a pot of hot oil frying potatoes to get delicious crispy crunchy fries. These crispy oven fries are seriously THE BEST! The oven does all the work.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a large rimmed baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven.
- Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl of cold water. Set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and lay flat on a clean dish towel or a couple layers of paper towels. Blot dry.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat.
- Add the seasoned panko, kosher salt and pepper. Toss to coat the potatoes.
- Carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven. Spread the seasoned potatoes on the pan. Try not to crowd the pan. Return the baking sheet to the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully shake to redistribute the potatoes. You can also use a large spatula to flip over the potatoes.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and continue roasting for 15 to 20 minutes. When the potatoes are golden brown and crispy, remove them from the oven. Immediately sprinkle them with more kosher salt.
- Place the fries in a large bowl and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Be sure to preheat the baking sheet. This step will help prevent the potatoes from sticking to the pan. And try not to flip the potatoes before 20 to 25 minutes of roasting. They still my stick a little before this amount of roasting time.
- Don’t line the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. I always thought this was the way to go for easy clean up. But with this added layer on the baking sheet, the potatoes (or any other vegetable you roast) will steam more than roast.
- Season the crispy oven fries as soon as they come out of the oven. The kosher salt will stick better when the fries are hot.
- Category: side dish
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 641 mg
- Fat: 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: crispy oven fries, baked French fries, oven fries, French fries in the oven