This is an unbelievably tender and loaded with flavor turkey meatloaf with mushrooms recipe. A lighter version of the classic beef meatloaf, this juicy and delicious meatloaf gets a boost in umami flavor from cremini mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Put mushrooms, onion, celery, and garlic into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse 5 to 10 times or until the vegetables are finely chopped. Place the vegetables into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the vegetables.
- Gently mix the ingredients until just combined.
- Form the meat mixture into a loaf about 7 inches by 10 inches on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes. The meatloaf should be golden brown and caramelized on the edges. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F on a digital thermometer.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let cool about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Finely chop the mushroom, onion, and celery. They add moisture to the meatloaf. A food processor makes quick work of this task.
- Skip the extra lean ground turkey for this recipe. Lean ground turkey (usually 93% lean) will add the needed fat for a tasty meatloaf.
- Add flavor and moisture to the turkey meatloaf by including egg, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Don’t overmix the ingredients. This results in a dense and heavy meatloaf.
- Use a digital thermometer to cook the turkey meatloaf to 165 degrees F. Overcooking leads to a dry and tasteless meatloaf.
- Bake the meatloaf on a foil lined baking sheet and not in a loaf pan. The meatloaf will steam in the loaf pan and will not have the smoky caramelized edges that are so flavorful.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: entrée
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 6.8 g
- Sodium: 762 mg
- Fat: 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 28.8 g
- Cholesterol: 108 mg
Keywords: turkey meatloaf, meatloaf, dinner recipe, turkey meatloaf with mushrooms, dinner recipe, meatloaf