Start the weekend off right with this DELICIOUS French toast croissant casserole. This recipe is so easy to toss together. Bake buttery croissants in a cinnamon, maple, and vanilla custard that’s dotted with fresh blueberries. This one is a favorite breakfast!!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with 2 tablespoons of the salted butter. Set aside.
- In a 1 quart measuring cup or bowl, add the eggs, half and half, vanilla extract, cinnamon, maple syrup, and pinch of kosher salt. Use a whisk the beat the custard mixture until combined. Set aside.
- Place the pieces of croissants in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the blueberries on top of the croissants. Carefully pour the custard over the croissants. Press down lightly so the croissants absorb the liquid. Dot the top of the casserole with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the oven. The top of the casserole should be golden brown and spring back when lightly touched.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cut into 12 pieces.
- Serve with maple syrup.
- The recipe calls for half and half. Whole milk, light cream or even heavy cream are good substitutes.
- I use mini croissants in the recipe, but not all grocery stores care these cute mini rolls. Full size croissants are perfect for the French toast casserole too. I love to use my kitchen scale for accurate measuring so about 1 pound of croissants (either full size or mini) is ideal for the recipe.
- During the summer months, fresh blueberries are plentiful. Strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries are delicious in the breakfast casserole too. Feel free to use frozen fruit if fresh fruit isn’t available.
- Category: entrée
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 9.5 g
- Sodium: 423 mg
- Fat: 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.7 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 9.2 g
- Cholesterol: 179 mg
Keywords: breakfast casserole, french toast, french toast casserole, breakfast idea