What’s better than banana bread? Banana Bread Muffins! All it takes is a handful of ingredients and about 30 minutes to make these super moist muffins. The vegan recipe uses only one bowl for the hand mixed batter. This will be your go-to muffin recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners (these 4 ounce paper cups are my favorite). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients except for the sanding sugar. Stir lightly 15 to 20 times or until the ingredients are just moistened. There will still be a few small lumps.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with the sanding sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The muffins are done when the tops bounce back slightly when lightly touched or the internal temperature is 205 degrees F on a digital thermometer.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 5 to 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a cooling rack.
- Store in a covered container for up to 2 days.
- This one bowl recipe could not be easier to make. I love these cute 4 ounce paper cups for making muffins. Just a tip, cut a small notch on 2 sides of each cup to make unmolding the muffins a snap.
- When adding the bananas to the bowl, make sure to squeeze out the peels. They are full of banana juice and add tons of flavor to the muffins.
- Don’t overmix the muffin batter. You want to just stir and mix the ingredients until they are moistened ~ about 15 to 20 light stirs.
- The easiest and neatest way to fill the cups in the muffin pan is to use a large cookie scoop.
- A digital thermometer takes the guess work out of knowing when the banana bread muffins are baked to perfection. The internal temperature of muffins should be about 205 degrees F when baked.
- Add ins to the banana bread muffins are fun. Try adding about 3/4 to 1 cup of dark chocolate chips, blueberries, dried cranberries, chopped nuts, or coconut.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 16.6 g
- Sodium: 302 mg
- Fat: 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.9 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: banana muffins, banana muffins easy, muffins, baking