- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a baking rack in a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, mirin, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and brown sugar for the marinade. Set aside.
- Lay steak flat on a cutting board. Slice very thin pieces against the grain and on an angle. You should have about 30 pieces of very thin steak.
- Cut off the tough bottoms of the asparagus spears and the root ends of the scallions. Cut the vegetables into 3-inch pieces.
- To assemble the steak rolls, lay one piece of meat flat on a work surface with the skinny end facing you. Place 2 pieces of asparagus and 1 piece of scallion at the end of the meat and roll up jelly roll style. Place in a large shallow glass dish. Roll remaining meat with the asparagus and scallions. Pour marinade over rolls. Marinate for at least 15 minutes and up to 24 hours. Occasionally turn the steak rolls so the marinade evenly coats all sides.
- After the marinating time, place the steak rolls on the prepared baking rack and sheet. Roast for about 8 to 10 minutes until browned and slightly charred. Meanwhile, pour any remaining marinade in to a small pot and bring to a boil and cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Remove the steak rolls from the oven, place on a serving dish, and drizzle with the reduced marinade.
- Top rolls with sesame seeds and serve with rice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: entree