Quick, easy and healthy, this summer avocado corn salad with tomatoes and cucumbers and a light vinaigrette is perfect for your next summer menu.
- 6 ears of fresh corn
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 medium English cucumber, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 15 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Shuck the corn and slice the kernels off the cobs.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the corn. Cook for 2 minutes. Drain the corn into a colander. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the extra virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked and cooled corn, avocado, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion and basil.
- Toss to combine the vegetables with the vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate and serve within 24 hours.
- To slice the kernels off the cob, stand an ear of corn on its end in a large, deep bowl. Using a sharp chef’s knife, slice horizontally down the side of the cob allowing the corn to fall into the bowl.
- To keep the avocados from turning brown after they are cut, toss them in a teaspoon or so of the vinegar before adding them to the salad.
- The salad is best served as soon as it is made but, is delicious when kept chilled in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Category: side dish
- Method: no cook recipe
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: about 1 cup
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 467 g
- Fat: 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: corn salad, avocado corn salad, corn, summer salad