Enjoy a delicious stuffed salmon dish in just 30 minutes with this easy-to-make recipe! It’s stuffed and even overstuffed with a flavorful crab cake filling and baked to perfection. Get ready to wow your guests with this unforgettable meal.
- olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets, about 6 ounces
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning, plus more to sprinkle on the fish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic power
- chopped fresh parsley
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place the salmon in the prepared pan. Cut a slit down the middle of the fish to form a pocket. Rub the salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the crab meat, breadcrumbs, onion, celery, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Old Bay seasoning and garlic powder. Gently stir to combine the ingredients. You still want some lumps of crab in the mixture.
- Generously stuff the pocket of the salmon and mound more of the crab mixture on top of the fish.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked.
- Remove the salmon from the oven. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
To make stuffing the salmon easy, choose salmon fillets that are at least 2 inches thick and all the same size.
Stuffed salmon can be made in advance. Prep the salmon, make the crab mixture, and stuff the salmon. Cover it with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours. When ready to serve take the salmon out of the fridge, preheat the oven and bake. You may need to add a few minutes to the cooking time to account for the cold temperature of the fish.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: entrée
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 piece of salmon
- Calories: 402
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 795 mg
- Fat: 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 57.9 g
- Cholesterol: 86 mg
Keywords: stuffed salmon, crab stuffed salmon, stuffed fish recipe, dinner recipe ideas