Skip store bought granola bars and try these delicious and wholesome granola cookies instead. Loaded with whole oats, almonds, unsweetened coconut, and sweetened with mashed bananas, these tasty cookies with become your go to snack. Make the recipe your own by substituting your favorite nuts and dried fruits for the almonds and cranberries.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened dried cranberries or other dried fruit (see Notes)
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almond flour, coconut flakes, almonds, dried cranberries, mini chocolate chips, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas and stir in the extra virgin olive oil. Add banana mixture to the oat mixture and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Use a large cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons each) and portion batter into about 16 cookies. Use a medium cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon each) to make 32 cookies.
- Use wet hands form the dough into a cookie shape. Place about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until set and golden brown on the bottom.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Place cookies on a cooling rack and completely cool.
- Package individually in snack size resealable baggies or clear cellophane treat bags.
- The cookies will stay fresh up to 3 days at room temperature or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
More cookie combinations to try ~
- Almond, mini chocolate chip, and fig
- Pecan, almond, and dried apricots
- Walnut and apple
- Pecan, dried cranberry and fig
- Almond, mini chocolate chip and raisin
Use a medium cookie scoop to make mini versions of granola cookies.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Cookie
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 large cookie
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 75 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: granola cookie, granola bar, healthy granola cookie recipe