These Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Honey and Mustard is one of my go-to side dishes. A sprinkle of toasted pine nuts and pomegranate arils make this a festive holiday side dish.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts. Trim off the stem and cut in half any large Brussels sprouts.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven. Pour Brussels sprouts on to the pan making sure they are evenly spread out.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts for 15 to 17 minutes; shake the pan half way through the roasting time. The Brussels sprouts should be charred and slightly tender but, still hold their shape.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with the honey and Dijon mustard. Toss to completely coat the Brussels sprouts.
- Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and pomegranate arils. Serve immediately.
- To get a nice char on the Brussels sprouts, heat the baking sheet while the oven is preheating. This step also ensures the vegetables do not stick to the pan.
- So all of the Brussels sprouts cook evenly, cut large sprouts in half.
- Do not overcook the vegetables. You want them tender but still hold their shape. No one likes mushy vegetables.
- Easily toast the pine nuts in a skillet. Heat the pan over medium high. No need to add any oil or butter ~ nuts already contain enough oil on their own to toast. Add the nuts. Stir the nuts frequently. They are ready when the nuts are toasty brown in color ~ about 5 minutes. Be sure to remove the pine nuts from the pan as soon as they are done or they will continue to cook and burn.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: roast in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 7.1 g
- Sodium: 86 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.4 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted Brussels sprouts, side dish idea, Brussel sprouts