An easy to make one pan dinner, Thai Curry Chicken and Rice Bowls with sweet peas and carrots is a delicious taste of southeast Asian cuisine.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breasts (boneless and skinless, cut in 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 cups of hot cooked jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped salted cashews
- Combine salt, pepper, flour, and curry powder in a medium sized bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat add the olive oil. When it just begins to shimmer, add the seasoned chicken. Sauté for 5 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Add the red pepper and toss to combine.
- Stir in the coconut milk and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is done and the sauce slightly thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the peas and carrots
- Serve over the hot jasmine rice. Sprinkle with cilantro and cashews.
- Make sure the contents of the can of coconut milk is well combined by giving it a good shake before adding it to the pan.
- Add the frozen peas carrots with the pan off the heat. The hot sauce with thaw the peas and the carrots will remain a bright orange color.
- If you want to cut out the carbs, serve the Thai Curry Chicken over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: entree
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 1/4 of chicken recipe and 1 cup of rice
- Calories: 650
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 760 mg
- Fat: 36 g
- Saturated Fat: 27.1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: ~
- Trans Fat: ~
- Carbohydrates: 70.2 g
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 15.5 g
- Cholesterol: 13 mg
Keywords: Thai curry chicken, recipe for Thai curry chicken, one pan curry chicken, rice bowl with chicken