Breakfast has never been easier. These super easy Ham and Egg Cups have only 3 ingredients and breakfast is ready in a flash. Individual servings of eggs in their own ham cup with shredded cheese are a family favorite breakfast.
- cooking spray
- 12 slices of ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray the cups of a 12 cup muffin pan; set aside.
- Line each cup with a slice of ham. Trim the slices if they are too large.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of cheese on top of the ham.
- Crack an egg into each of the cups.
- Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Ham and egg cups baked for 12 minutes will have a runny yolk. The closer to 15 minutes of cooking time will have eggs with harder yolks.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Use a large spoon to remove the egg cups from the pan and serve.
- A standard 12~cup muffin pan makes quick work for assembling the ham and egg cups.
- Don’t skip greasing the the muffin pan or it may get tricky when it comes time to unmold the breakfast cups. Cooking spray easily and efficiently coats the inside of the pan. But you could also use butter, extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, or coconut oil.
- Standard thickness sliced deli ham is my preference for this recipe. Thinly sliced ham is just too thin and hold the ingredients together. Choose your favorite brand of ham. I like a smoky tavern ham but, baked or honey ham are great options too. The ham may need to be trimmed to fit the muffin cups.
- Freshly grated cheese is my go-to when cooking. The packaged grated cheese available at the store is coated with cellulose so it does not clump. But this anti-clumping or caking ingredient also makes the cheese less creamy when it melts. Get in an arm workout or use your food processor to shred the cheese.
- Depending on how long you cook the eggs will determine the how consistency of the yolk. If the cups are cooked for 12 minutes, the yolks will be more runny. With a cooking time closer to 15 minutes, the yolks will be more like hard boiled eggs.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 523 mg
- Fat: 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.6 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 14.5 g
- Cholesterol: 217 mg
Keywords: ham and egg cups, ham and egg muffin cups, breakfast ideas, eggs