There is no need to heat up the kitchen when making Easy Slow Cooker Ratatouille. It is delicious as an entree or side dish and is loaded with a bounty of fresh vegetables.
- 4 cups eggplant, about 1 1/2 lbs (large dice)
- 3 cups zucchini (large dice)
- 2 cups tomatoes (large dice)
- 1 1/2 cups red pepper (large dice)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 can (8-ounce tomato sauce)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (finely chopped)
- shredded Parmesan cheese for serving
- In a slow cooker, combine eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, red pepper, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and herbes de Provence. Pour tomato sauce over vegetables, stir to combine, and cover with the lid.
- Set slow cooker on low heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 hours or on high heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Serve as a side dish or as an entrée over rice, pasta, or polenta topped with basil and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Summer vegetables are the best for making Slow Cooker Ratatouille. But this is a very forgiving recipe and even winter vegetables are fabulous in the dish.
- Cut all the vegetables in the same size pieces. This helps them all cook at an even rate.
- This is a great make ahead dish. Slow Cooker Ratatouille tastes even better on day 2 or even 3!
- Reheat this tasty side dish over medium low heat and stir occasionally. Or heat in the microwave on 70% power for 1 minute. Continue heating at 30 second intervals. Or heat covered in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: ratatouille, slow cooker ratatouille, slow cooker recipe, easy dinner recipe, vegan, vegetarian