Shrimp simmer in a roasted tomato sauce with garlic and creamy goat cheese. This recipe is perfect for a fancy dinner or easy to make for a weeknight supper. It gets rave reviews!
- 5 large plum tomatoes, about 5 cups chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, about 2 cups sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 ¾ cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- 2 pounds large shrimp, 21 – 25 per pound, peeled and deveined
- ¼ pound goat cheese, crumbled
- 10 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded ~ plus more for serving
- Pasta and/or bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a large baking sheet toss tomatoes, garlic, and onion with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes.
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium high and add the roasted tomato mixture.
- Add the white wine and bring to just boiling. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until they are just cooked through.
- Add the crumbled goat cheese and stir until it is melted.
- Stir in the basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste and serve as is, over pasta or with bread.
- Category: entree
- Method: oven roast and stove top saute
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 917 mg
- Fat: 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.3 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 45.1 g
- Cholesterol: 255 mg
Keywords: shrimp with tomato sauce, shrimp and goat cheese, dinner ideas