Here’s a quick dinner that tastes like one you would order at your favorite seafood restaurant. Baked Shrimp with Feta and Tomatoes is ready in less than 30 minutes and has plenty of briny shrimp, salty feta, smoky fire roasted tomatoes and a crispy garlic panko topping.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, add the butter. When the butter has melted and just begins to foam, shut of the heat and add the garlic. Stir to coat the garlic with the melted butter. Let sit for 1 minute. Add the panko to the garlic butter and stir to coat. Set aside.
- Brush a 10 inch baking dish with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Layer the fire roasted diced tomatoes evenly on top of the shrimp.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese evenly over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the garlic butter panko evenly over the top of the tomatoes.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked and the topping is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve over pasta, with crostini, or alone.
- The vast majority of shrimp sold at the grocery store or fish market is frozen at sea. If there is shrimp in the display counter, it was most likely thawed frozen shrimp. To be on the safe side, pick up a bag of frozen shrimp and thaw it yourself. Scroll down for some tips on how to quickly and safely thaw shrimp.
- There’s no need to sauté the garlic in the butter. You just want to infuse the butter with the delicious garlicky flavor. After the butter melts and just starts to foam, turn off the heat and add the garlic. Give it all a good stir and let it sit for about a minute.
- Fire roasted diced tomatoes are one of my go-to ingredients. Be sure to pick up a can at the grocery store. They add a fabulous smoky flavor to the baked shrimp and feta dish.
- Category: appetizer or entrée
- Method: cook on stove top and bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 404
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 1073 mg
- Fat: 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 46.8 g
- Cholesterol: 427 mg
Keywords: feta shrimp, Greek shrimp, dinner ideas