Roasting fall squash is one of the easiest and most delicious recipes! This dish is perfect to make on a weeknight or for a special occasion. Fall squash like acorn, delicata, butternut, and honeynut are tossed with extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon and roasted until tender. A tasty side dish!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven.
- In a large bowl, add the squash wedges. Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and toss to thoroughly coat the squash.
- Sprinkle the squash with the kosher salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon. Toss to coat the squash with the seasonings.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven. Spread the squash wedges in a single layer on the sheet. Return it to the oven.
- Roast the squash for 25 to 30 minutes flipping once half way through the time. The squash should be fork tender and golden brown.
- Remove the squash from the oven, season to taste, and serve.
- Preheat the baking sheet before adding the seasoned squash. This helps to ensure that the squash will not stick to the pan.
- Cut the squash wedges all in about the same size so they will cook at an even rate.
- Flip the squash half way through the roasting time to get a golden brown exterior on each side.
- Category: side dish
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 588 mg
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.2 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted squash in oven, fall squash, acorn squash, squash recipe, butternut squash, side dish ideas, fall recipes