All the delicious flavors of the famous McDonald’s burger but, in a mini version with a homemade special sauce beef sliders, dill pickles, shredded lettuce, diced onion, and American cheese.
- 1 pound ground beef, I used 90/10
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 10 dill pickle chips
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 5 slices American cheese, cut in quarters
- 10 slider buns
- In a small bowl, mix the ground beef with the kosher salt and pepper.
- Form into 10 mini burger patties about 3 inches wide. Make sure they are really thin.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup and sweet pickle relish. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the burgers and cook them for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. After the burgers are flipped the first time, top with 2 of the quarter pieces of American cheese. Remove burgers to a plate and set aside.
- Cut the buns for the burgers. For each bun, slice the top bun in 2 pieces. Each burger will have a top bun, middle bun and bottom bun.
- For each Big Mac slider, place the bottom bun on a plate. Top with 1 burger, some of the special sauce, diced onions, shredded lettuce, the middle bun, another burger, more special sauce, diced onions, 2 pickle chips, more shredded lettuce and the top bun.
- Serve immediately.
- A grill pan or a cast iron skillet is a suitable stand-in for an outdoor grill. There is no need to head outdoors to cook the burgers. The burgers are super thin and cook up very quickly.
- The burgers cook quickly so make sure you have all the burger toppings prepped before cooking the patties. That way the Big Mac sliders will be served piping hot.
- The homemade special sauce is a combination of mayonnaise, ketchup and sweet pickle relish; ingredients many have on hand. In a pinch, use a bottle of 1000 island dressing instead.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: entrée
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 377
- Sugar: 11.7 g
- Sodium: 1244 mg
- Fat: 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.5 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 13.6 g
- Cholesterol: 41 g
Keywords: Big Mac slider, Big mac sauce recipe, slider recipe, ground beef recipe, burgers