Pimento cheese is a popular southern delicacy is a creamy yet slightly chunky spread or dip. Serve with your favorite crackers, carrot or celery sticks or as a finger sandwich.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8 ounces Muenster cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Peppadew peppers
- Celery sticks (carrot sticks and crackers for serving)
- In the bowl of a standing mixer or with a hand mixer, add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and pepper. Beat the ingredients until fully combined or for about 1 minute.
- Add the cheddar and Muenster cheeses and the peppers and beat for about 2 minutes, Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Place the cheese dip in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with celery and carrot sticks and crackers.
- Also spread on soft bread. Cut off the crusts then slice into 4 portions.
- I combined a couple kinds of shredded cheese. I use sharp cheddar not only for the bite it adds to the taste of the dip but, also for the deep orange color. Muenster cheese adds a mellow smooth flavor reminiscent of a combination of mild cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Mozzarella is a good substitute for Muenster cheese too.
- Grate the cheeses by hand for the freshest tasting cheddar and Muenster. The pre shredded cheeses available at the grocery store are coated with an anti-caking ingredient that masks the true flavor of the cheese.
- To meld the flavors of the ingredients, store the dip in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 376 mg
- Fat: 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 10.1 g
- Cholesterol: 51 mg
Keywords: pimento cheese, cheese dip, pate of the south, cheese dip, appetizer