A gluten free entree
- 6 small skinless boneless chicken breast halves (pounded to 1/4-inch thickness)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices Parma ham
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- whole sage leaves (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and sauté until brown about 2 – 3 minutes. Flip over and continue sautéing for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to rimmed baking sheet; reserve the sauté pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over each chicken breast. Top each with a slice of Parma ham and a little bit more of the cheese. Bake until Parma ham gets slightly crisp and the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add wine, minced sage, and 2 tablespoons butter to skillet. Boil until sauce is reduced to by half, scraping up browned bits, about 4 minutes. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Transfer chicken breasts to platter. Top each with sage leaf, drizzle pan sauce over, and serve.
Recipe by Amy Casey
© amycaseycooks – 2013