This recipe for Pan Fried Chicken Tenders with Fresh Corn Sauté is a summer time FAVORITE! Crispy fried chicken is served with a light and tasty corn sauté with red bell peppers, red onion and fresh herbs.
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 cups fresh corn (cut from 3 – 4 ears of corn), or a 16 oz. bag of frozen corn
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Prepare the Buttermilk Chicken Tenders. Place on a large baking sheet and keep warm in the oven.
- To prepare the Fresh Corn Sauté, heat a large sauté pan to medium high heat and add the butter.
- When the butter begins to foam, add the red bell pepper and red onion with a pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Sauté the vegetables for about 2 minutes.
- Add the corn and garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the fresh parsley and basil.
- To serve, evenly distribute the corn sauté on a large platter. Top with the fried chicken tenders. Sprinkle with more herbs if desired.
- Buttermilk is my first choice for soaking and coating the chicken tenders. Its so creamy and luxurious. But you can also make your own in a pinch. An easy substitute for buttermilk is 1 tablespoon vinegar added to 1 cup whole milk. Let sit 5 minutes before using.
- Drain the fried chicken tenders on a cooling rack so they stay crispy crunchy. Immediately sprinkle them with kosher salt too.
- Fresh corn cut from the cob is what makes this recipe special. Stand the corn cob on its end in a large bowl. The bowl will help catch any stray kernels. Slice down to remove the kernels. When fresh corn is not in season, substitute a 16 ounce bag of frozen corn.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: entree
- Method: pan fry and sauté
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 487
- Sugar: 6.6 g
- Sodium: 1196 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.4 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 81.6 g
- Cholesterol: 172 mg
Keywords: pan fried chicken, dinner ideas, summer recipe ideas