- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, both sugars, and vanilla extract. Stir until blended and smooth.
- Add the eggs and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, kosher salt, and chocolate chips. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean. A few fudgy crumbs stuck to the toothpick are okay.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Let the brownies cool before slicing….if you can wait that long!
- Many brownie recipes use oil instead of butter. For a richer brownie, be sure to use butter.
- When greasing the baking pan with butter, make sure to get into all the corners and evenly cover the whole pan. The brownies will slide right right.
- Mix the brownie batter with a rubber spatula instead of a mixer. The batter just needs to be stirred until the ingredients are incorporated. Overmixing can lead to tough brownies. A rubber spatula makes for easy mixing and scraping of the batter into the baking pan.
- For perfectly cut brownies, make sure they are completely cool before cutting into neat squares. Here’s an extra tip for super clean cut brownies. Chill them for at least 4 hours before cutting them. Also, wipe any crumbs off the knife between cuts.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 17.3 g
- Sodium: 148 mg
- Fat: 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.5 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 46 mg
Keywords: brownies, fudge brownies, one bowl brownies, fudgy brownies