This incredibly moist olive oil banana blueberry bread is a delicious twist on the traditional banana bread recipe. Bananas and blueberries give it a natural sweetness. The olive oil and poppy seeds add delicious rich flavor to make it irresistible. This quick bread is perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert.
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds, plus more for the top
- 1 cup blueberries, plus more for the top
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas, about 3 bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons turbinado or sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan. Line the pan with parchment paper so it hangs about 2 inches over the length of the pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, kosher salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and poppy seeds. Add the blueberries and toss to coat with the flour mixture. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the light brown sugar, olive oil, eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
- Fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with the sanding sugar, poppy seeds and some blueberries.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. The center will be set and the internal temperature will be about 200 to 205 degrees F when the bread is completely baked.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the ends of the loaf and unmold.
- Use a metal loaf pan for baking this banana bread. It conducts the heat quickly and more evenly than a glass baking pan.
- If you are a fan of nuts, add a cup of chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans along with the dry ingredients.
- Use an instant read digital thermometer to check the doneness of the banana bread. It should have an internal temperature of about 200 to 205 degrees F when baked to perfection.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes before unmolding.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 20.8 g
- Sodium: 473 mg
- Fat: 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.9 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 47 mg
Keywords: olive oil banana bread, easy banana bread, banana bread recipe