Easy to make No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake. With a granola crust, a filling of cream cheese and strawberry yogurt and a berry sauce topping, this decadent sweet treat will be your new favorite dessert.
- 2 cups granola (any flavor)
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 (6 ounce) containers of strawberry yogurt ~ fruit on the bottom
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- To make the crust, place the granola in the bowl of a food processor. Process the granola for about 15 to 30 seconds or until there are no large chunks and the pieces are uniform in size.
- Put the granola in a 9 inch springform pan and add the melted butter. Mix to thoroughly combine. Press down the granola and butter mixture firmly and evenly on the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while the filling is made.
- To make the cheesecake filling, in the bowl of a standing mixture, add the cream cheese, yogurt, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low speed for 1 minute. Then mix on medium speed for another minute or until the batter is smooth.
- Add the gelatin to a small bowl and add 1/4 cup warm water. Stir until their are no lumps and the gelatin is dissolved.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dissolved gelatin. Mix for 30 seconds.
- Remove the crust from the refrigerator. Using a spatula, spread the cream cheese batter evenly over the crust.
- Tightly cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- To make the berry sauce, place a small pot over medium low heat. Add the strawberries, blueberries, 1 tablespoon sugar, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. The berries should be slightly soft with some thick syrupy juices. Let cool, place in a dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- To serve, run a thin knife around the edge of the cheesecake and the pan. Release the outer ring and remove it. Slice the cheesecake with a clean thin knife. Top with some of the berry sauce.
- Store any remaining cheesecake covered with plastic wrap up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- I use a store bought granola for the crust of the no bake strawberry cheesecake. Use your favorite one. But if you have a homemade granola you love, by all means use it in the recipe.
- Make sure to whirl the granola in a food processor until it is finely ground and there are no large pieces. This makes for an even crust.
- The cream cheese should be at room temperature. It will mix more smoothly with the other ingredients. About 30 minutes on the counter should be enough time to get it to the right temp and softness.
- This cheesecake is flavored with fruit on the bottom strawberry yogurt. Feel free to substitute blueberry, vanilla, raspberry or peach.
- Unflavored gelatin is the stabilizer for the cheesecake. It helps it to set up so it cuts into beautiful slices. The gelatin needs to be dissolved in warm water before adding it to the cheesecake batter. Stir the gelatin along with the water until there are no lumps. It should be a clear and slightly thick liquid.
- Add the dissolved gelatin to the batter while the mixer is running on low speed. That way it will be incorporated completely in to the batter.
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 181 mg
- Fat: 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.3 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 12.5 g
- Cholesterol: 62 mg
Keywords: dessert, easy dessert, no bake cheesecake, summer