Mom’s Meatloaf is simply the best! This classic recipe has only a few ingredients and is so easy to make. It’s the most delicious, tender and juicy meatloaf.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Fold the foil edges up about an inch to catch the grease from the meatloaf.
- In a large bowl, add the meatloaf mix, eggs, seasoned breadcrumbs, onion, celery, 3/4 cup of ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt and pepper. Gently combine the ingredients.
- Form a loaf on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the remaining 1/4 cup of ketchup over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a digital thermometer registers 160 degrees F when inserted in the center of the meatloaf.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Use a combination of 3 ground meats – beef, pork and veal – to give Mom’s Meatloaf its delicious rich flavor. This “meatloaf mix” is available in many grocery store meat departments.
- Finely chop the onion and celery and add them raw along with the other ingredients. The vegetables cook along with the rest of the ingredients making the meatloaf tender and juicy.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients. But go gently as you don’t want to compact the ingredients as it will result in a dense tough meatloaf.
- Skip the pan and make a free form loaf on a rimmed baking sheet. With more exposed surface area, the meatloaf will get nice and caramelized.
- Line the baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Fold up the edges of the foil about an inch or so to catch the grease from the meatloaf.
- Use a digital thermometer to check for when the meatloaf is perfectly cooked. An internal temperature of 16o F in the center of the meatloaf is what you are after.
- Allow about 10 minutes of cooling time so the meatloaf doesn’t fall apart when cutting it.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: entrée
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 951 mg
- Fat: 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 24.5 g
- Cholesterol: 145 mg
Keywords: meatloaf, classic meatloaf, easy dinner recipe, easy meatloaf