Easy, delicious and impressive. Mini Chocolate Puff Pastry Rolls. With only 5 ingredients, it’s a snap to make these 2 bite treats.
- 1 (17.3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed but cold
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg, beaten
- sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Lightly flour your work surface. Unfold the puff pastry sheets and lay the 2 pieces of pastry side by side with the short side facing you.
- Brush the sheets with the melted butter.
- Starting at the top, cut strips that are 2 inches wide by 10 inches long. You should end up with 5 strips from each sheet of puff pastry.
- Divide the chocolate chips evenly along the strips of pastry. Leave about 1 inch without chips on either end of each strip.
- Beginning at the skinny end of each strip, roll up the pastry. Continue rolling each strip of the pastry the same way.
- Place the pastry rolls seam side down about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly brush the rolls with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle each roll generous with the sanding sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. The pastries should be a dark golden brown. If the pastries are getting too brown, cover lightly with a piece of foil for the final few minutes of baking time.
- Remove the pastries from the oven. Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Completely thaw the frozen puff pastry before trying to work with it. Place in the refrigerator for about 6 hours. Or remove the dough from the box and place it on a baking sheet or work surface at room temperature. It should be ready to use in about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours. Just check it every 15 minutes or so. You don’t want it to get too soft because it will be more difficult to work with.
- Use a ruler or tape measure as a guide to cut even strips of puff pastry. Like I did in the photo above.
- Space the pastries about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. They will expand. And also they will bake more evenly if properly space on the sheet.
- With many layers in each pastry roll, be sure to completely bake the pastries. If they are getting too brown the last few minutes of baking, lightly cover with foil.
- Even though you will be eager to take your first bite of the flaky chocolatey goodness, let the rolls cool and set up for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 140 mg
- Fat: 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 mg
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 19 mg
Keywords: puff pastry recipes puff pastry chocolate pastry chocolate dessert chocolate croissant