Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls with Maple Tahini Dressing. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner. It’s loaded with healthy vegetables and nutty quinoa and drizzled with a maple sweetened tahini dressing.
- For the quinoa bowls ~
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock or water
- 2 cups baby spinach (packed)
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can black olives, drained
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium English cucumber, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- For the maple tahini dressing ~
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 to 4 tablespoons hot water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small pot, add the quinoa and the stock or water. Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cover the pan. Cook for 15 minutes or until the stock or water is absorbed and the quinoa is light and fluffy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To assemble the quinoa bowls, place about 1 cup of the cooked quinoa in each of 4 shallow bowls. Divide the spinach, artichoke hearts, olives, feta cheese, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and parsley evenly among each of the 4 bowls.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, maple syrup and oregano. Add the hot water 1 tablespoon at a time. Continue whisking until the water is incorporated into the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the Mediterranean quinoa bowls. Serve.
The dressing thickens to peanut butter consistency before whisking in the hot water. Incorporating the water will thin to dressing. It drizzles effortlessly over the picturesque meal in a bowl. Double the dressing recipe to enjoy on grilled chicken, fish or a drizzle for roasted vegetables.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: entree
- Method: simmer
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 573
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 2213 mg
- Fat: 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 60.4 g
- Fiber: 17.3 g
- Protein: 21.6 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
Keywords: quinoa bowl recipe, mediterranean quinoa bowl, greek quinoa salad