This Meatball Marinara Recipe makes the most delicious Italian meatballs that bake in an easy and homemade marinara sauce. The recipe is so easy to make, full of great flavor and nonna approved.
- 1 1/2 pounds meatloaf mix
- 1/2 cup seasoned panko
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb blend
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Homemade Marinara or 3 1/2 cups of your favorite store bought brand
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the meatloaf mix, panko, onion, Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, garlic powder, Italian herb blend, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Gently combine the meatball ingredients with your fingers being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the marinara sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish or 3 quart pan.
- Form the meat mixture into 12 meatballs. Place in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the meatballs with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the meatballs for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and the sauce in bubbling.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese and serve.
For tender and juicy meatballs, gently mix the ingredients for the meatballs with your fingers for just a couple minutes. Overmixing the meat mixture with a spoon or rubber spatula will mash the ingredients together and result in tough meatballs.
Say goodbye to bland meatballs! Before forming the meat mixture into meatballs, do a taste test. Form a small patty of the mixture and cook it in a skillet. Taste and adjust the seasonings according to your taste preference.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: entrée
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 2 meatballs with sauce
- Calories: 430
- Sugar: 13.9 g
- Sodium: 1187 mg
- Fat: 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.2 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 33.2 g
- Cholesterol: 152 mg
Keywords: meatball marinara recipe, baked meatballs, dinner ideas