Italian Herb Chicken with Caesar Dressing Dip is a delicious entrée or appetizer. A marinade with garlic, lemon juice and Italian herbs infuses chicken tenderloins and a creamy and tangy homemade Caesar dressing is the perfect dipping sauce.
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- cut up vegetables for serving, red peppers, yellow peppers, broccoli, and cucumbers
- homemade Caesar dressing or a store bought bottled brand
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried thyme, smoked paprika, kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Toss to coat the chicken with the marinade ingredients. Cover the bowl and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan. Space the chicken out so the pan isn't crowded. You may need to sauté the chicken in 2 batches. Sauté the chicken for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. The internal temperature will be 165 degrees F on an instant read digital thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the pan to a serving platter. Immediately sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil.
- Serve with cut up vegetables and Caesar dressing dip.
Don't over marinate the chicken. 15-20 minutes can make a huge difference in the flavor of marinated chicken. A little bit of tenderizing from the salt, sugars and acids (i.e. citrus juice) is good. Too long of a marinating time (anything over 24 hours) will break down the fibers in the meat and cause it to get stringy and mushy.
Be sure not to crowd the pan with sauteing the chicken. The chicken should be spread out so it's not touching. If the pan is too cramped, the chicken with steam rather than get a golden brown crust.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 30 minutes marinate time:
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: entrée
- Method: cook on stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe + 2 TB dip and vegetables
- Calories: 496
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 1481 mg
- Fat: 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 50.8 g
- Cholesterol: 109 mg
Keywords: Italian herb chicken, easy dinner recipe, chicken recipe