Don’t think you have enough time to make dinner? This Instant Pot Spicy Asian Beef Stew recipe will be ready by the time you finish your first glass of wine.
- 1 red onion, about 2 cups thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 (1/4 inch) slices ginger root
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 pounds beef stew chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- sesame seeds and sliced scallions (for serving)
- In the Instant Pot, combine the red onion, jalapeño, garlic, ginger root, soy sauce, brown sugar, beef stock,sesame oil, and rice wine vinegar.
- Add the beef stew chunks and stir to combine. Seal the Instant Pot. Select manual setting and adjust pressure to high. Set timer for 35 minutes.
- When cooking is finished, let pressure release naturally for 15 minutes. Then manually release the remaining pressure.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. Set aside.
- Remove the lid of the Instant Pot and put the meat in a large bowl.
- Select the high sauté setting and stir in the cornstarch slurry. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the met.
- Serve the stew in bowls and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.
Pair with perfectly fluffy rice (grab my no fail rice recipe here), thin rice noodles, or even mashed potatoes. I like some simply blanched vegetables (about 3 to 4 minutes in boiling water) like broccoli, carrots, asparagus or green beans.
- Category: entree
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 857
- Sugar: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 568 mg
- Fat: 60.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 23.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.1 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 61.5 g
- Cholesterol: 236 mg
Keywords: asian beef stew instant pot, asian beef stew recipe, stew recipe, dinner