A pizza with a tortilla crust? YES! Super easy to make and ready in less than 15 minutes too! Hawaiian Tortilla Pizza with Ham, Bacon, and Pineapple has a slightly spicy sauce, mild and creamy Monterey Jack cheese, and salty bacon ~ all on a thin and crispy tortilla crust.
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- extra virgin olive oil
- Italian herb blend
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, homemade or store bought
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices cooked bacon, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Place a pizza stone or baking sheet on the middle oven rack.
- For each pizza, place a tortilla on a large cutting board. Spread a little olive oil on the tortilla. Sprinkle with the Italian spice blend.
- In a small bowl, combine the marinara sauce and barbecue sauce. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the sauce on top of the tortilla.
- Evenly sprinkle about 1/2 cup of the cheese on the pizza.
- Tear a slice of the ham into pieces and place randomly on the pizza.
- Sprinkle the bacon, pineapple, red onion, and another 2 tablespoons of the cheese on the pizza.
- Using the cutting board or a pizza peel, slide the pizza onto the pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Watch closely during the final couple minutes of baking so the crust does not burn.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Sprinkle with the parsley. Let cool before cutting into squares.
- I use large tortillas (10-inch ones) but, smaller ones work just as well. Just add less of the toppings.
- A pizza stone is my first choice for baking tortilla pizzas. I love my pizza stone! It heats up super hot so the tortillas are extra crispy crunchy. Make sure to preheat the stone for about 15 minutes. If you do not have a pizza stone, preheat your baking sheet in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes before adding the pizza. I have also baked tortilla pizzas in the oven on a flat griddle.
- Make a batch of homemade marinara sauce to have on hand in the refrigerator. It is easy to make and tastes so much fresher than the store bought ones.
- Shred the Monterey Jack cheese by hand. It has a much more fresh cheesy flavor than preshredded store bought cheeses. Also the packages of shredded cheese contain an anti clumping ingredient which hinders the melting of the cheese.
- Mozzarella is a delicious substitute for the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Canned pineapple can stand in for the fresh pineapple.
- After taking the pizza out of the oven, let it cool for a minute or two before cutting it. If the pizza is cut as soon as it comes out of the oven, the toppings tend to slide right off.
- Category: appetizer or entrée
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 pizza
- Calories: 624
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 1844 mg
- Fat: 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 18.1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.5 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Cholesterol: 100 mg
Keywords: tortilla pizza, easy pizza, Hawaiian pizza