Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Berry Bacon Sauce. Sweet. Savory. Salty. Smokey. Saucy. Barbecue spiced and char grilled pork tenderloin. Top with a tart, sweet and smoky bacon berry laden sauce. An unforgettable dinner.
- 4 slices of bacon (chopped)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Olive oil
- Barbecue seasoning
- Cook the bacon: In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, add the bacon. Cook until crisp and browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Leave about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease in the pan.
- Make the berry sauce: Add the red onion and garlic to the pan. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until the onions begin to soften. Add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, blueberries and strawberries. Stir to combine the ingredients. Bring to a gentle boil then reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 6 to 8 minutes. The berries will begin to break down and the sauce will thicken.
- Add the cooked bacon to the sauce: Stir in half of the cooked bacon into the sauce. Set aside.
- Prep the pork tenderloin: Meanwhile, heat a grill to medium high heat. Drizzle the pork tenderloin with olive oil and generously season with barbecue seasoning.
- Grill the pork tenderloin: Grill the tenderloin on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes, rotating a quarter turn each time. Continue grilling and rotating the pork for a total of 12 to 15 minutes or until in internal temperature of the pork is about 145 degrees F. During the last 5 minutes of grilling, brush the pork tenderloin with some of the berry sauce.
- Rest the pork: Remove the pork from the grill and let rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes.
- Reheat the sauce: Rewarm the sauce over low heat.
- Slice and serve the pork tenderloin: Slice the pork, sprinkle with the reserved bacon and serve along with the remaining sauce.
- Cut the strawberries to about the same size as the blueberries. You want them to cook at a similar rate in the sauce. Having the berries the about identical in size will help them cook evenly.
- Just simmer the sauce until the berries start to lose their shape. The sauce will have have an awesome chunky and smooth texture.
- Add half the bacon to the sauce and sprinkle the rest over the sliced pork tenderloin to get a double dose of goodness.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: entree
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 593
- Sugar: 19.5 g
- Sodium: 1982 mg
- Fat: 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6.g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.5 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 64.9 g
- Cholesterol: 171 mg
Keywords: pork tenderloin sauce, pork with berry bacon sauce, easy pork recipe