- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced, about 2 cups
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped, about 2 cups
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- kosher salt and and pepper to taste
- 10 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 4 ounces herb goat cheese
- pita chips or crostini for serving
- To make the sautéed bruschetta, heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add about 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to the pan. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the sliced red onions. Sauté the onion for 6 to 8 minutes or until they begin to caramelize and brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and garlic and sauté for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar and tomato paste. Scrap up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan and sauté the mixture for a minute or so.
- Stir in the honey, butter and fresh basil. Continue stirring until the butter has melted. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Remove the sautéed bruschetta from the heat and set aside.
- Drizzle chicken with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the Montreal Chicken Seasoning.
- Heat a grill to medium high heat. Grill the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Total grilling time is 8 to 10 minutes. The internal temperature on a digital thermometer should be about 165 degrees F when the chicken to cooked. Remove the chicken to a platter.
- Top the grilled chicken with the sautéed bruschetta. Crumble the herb goat cheese over the chicken.
- Serve with pita chips or crostini.
- Chicken thighs are my first choice for this recipe. They are so moist and flavorful. But boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins are also good choices.
- If you do not have a grill or it’s just to cold to go outside, the chicken thighs can be cooked indoors. Either sauté the seasoned chicken thighs for 4 to 5 minutes per side or bake in a 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees F on a digital thermometer.
- If you are not a fan of goat cheese, try feta, Parmesan or Gorgonzola instead.
- Category: entree
- Method: grill and stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 - 3 chicken thighs
- Calories: 535
- Sugar: 4.8 g
- Sodium: 930 mg
- Fat: 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 37.2 g
- Cholesterol: 180 mg
Keywords: grilled chicken, bruschetta, chicken thighs recipe, dinner ideas