Take your burger game to the next level with these flavor-packed mini Greek turkey burgers. They’re chockfull of aromatic herbs and tangy feta cheese. Serve the burgers tucked in pitas with creamy tzatziki, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce and onions. A perfect dinner any night of the week.
- 1 slice of bread (torn in small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- olive oil
- tzatziki sauce
- 8 (4-inch) mini pita bread
- tomato slices
- onion slices
- cucumber slices
- bibb lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine bread and milk. Mash with a fork until the bread is in very small pieces. Add ground turkey, feta cheese, onion, oregano, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix gently. Form into 8 (3 ounce) mini burgers.
- Heat a grill, cast iron skillet, grill pan or sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Rub a couple teaspoons of olive oil in the pan. Grill the burgers in batches for about three to four minutes per side. Remove to a platter.
- To serve, cut each pita open on one side to form a pocket. Fill each pita with one burger, sliced tomato, onion, cucumber, lettuce and a dollop of the tzatziki.
- You can fire up your outdoor grill or heat up a cast iron skillet, grill pan or large sauté pan to cook the slider sized turkey burgers.
- For burgers, bread mashed with milk is my go to binder. Not only does it hold the burgers together, the mixture keeps them juicy and tender.
- Skip the already crumbled feta. It’s less flavorful because it contains added preservatives and anticaking ingredients. Buy a block and break it into small pieces for the most delish feta flavor.
- Gently combine the ingredients. And don’t overwork the burgers when forming them. Both of these make for tough turkey burgers.
- Make these mini Greek inspired turkey burgers in advance. Prepare and cook the burgers. Cool and store in the refrigerator. Mix up the tzatziki and slice the vegetables and store them in the refrigerator also. When hunger hits, each burger in the microwave on 60 percent power for about 45 to 60 seconds. Serve in pitas along with the vegetables and tzatziki.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: entrée
- Method: cook on stove top or grill
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 2 burgers
- Calories: 374
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 1080 mg
- Fat: 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 mg
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 42 g
- Cholesterol: 111 mg
Keywords: Greek turkey burgers, turkey burger recipe, Mediterranean burger recipe, turkey burgers, easy dinner recipe