If you are a mushroom lover then this is the recipe for you. Garlic Butter Mushrooms with Blue Cheese is a super easy side dish recipe with plenty of garlic and butter then finished off with blue cheese crumbles and fresh herbs.
- 3 pounds of cremini mushrooms, cleaned and large stems removed
- 5 tablespoons of salted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled in large pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley and thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven.
- In a large bowl, place the mushrooms and drizzle with the melted butter. Add the garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the mushrooms with the seasonings.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the blue cheese crumbles. Be sure to fill many of the mushroom caps with the cheese.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven. Place on a platter or in a large bowl and sprinkle with the fresh herbs.
Rather than wash mushrooms in water, wipe off any dirt or debris with a dry paper towel. Store clean mushrooms in a paper bag in the refrigerator. If kept in a plastic bag, condensation will form and lead to slimy mushrooms.
- Category: side dish
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 627 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.6 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 9.9 g
- Cholesterol: 34 mg
Keywords: garlic butter mushrooms, keto recipe, easy side dish, mushrooms