These are the most delicious chicken bites! Tender chunks of chicken are tossed with homemade everything but the bagel seasoning and sauteed to a golden brown. Serve these chicken nuggets with hummus dip for a fun dinner or tasty snack.
- 4 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Garden Fresh Basil Hummus for serving
- sliced cucumbers and bell peppers for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the poppy seeds, white and black sesame seeds, dried minced onion, dried minced garlic, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, place the bite sized pieces of chicken and add the cornstarch. Toss the chicken to coat completely with the cornstarch.
- Add the egg to the cornstarch coated chicken and stir so that the chicken is completely covered with the egg.
- Sprinkle the chicken with 6 tablespoons of the everything but the bagel seasoning and toss to coat the chicken with the spice mix. Store the remaining spice mix in an airtight container for future use.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the extra virgin olive oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the seasoned chicken in a single layer. Cook the chicken for about 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom side. Flip the chicken over and continue cooking until golden brown all over and cooked throughout about another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a platter. Serve with hummus for dipping along with cucumbers and bell peppers.
- Everything but the bagel seasoning is one of my favorite spice mixes. I like to mix up my own batch so I can add a little more dried minced garlic, poppy seeds or any of the spices on a whim. But the premade everything but the bagel seasoning can be substituted if you would like.
- Cut the chicken in the same size pieces so they all cook at the same rate. Chicken tenderloins are my first choice for this recipe because they are so tender. But boneless skinless chicken breasts can also by used in the dish.
- Make sure the oil is hot before adding the chicken to the sauté pan.
- Resist the urge to stir the chicken too often when it is cooking so that it can get a golden brown on each side.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: appetizer or entrée
- Method: cook on stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of chicken + 2 TB hummus
- Calories: 386
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 811 mg
- Fat: 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 48.9 g
- Cholesterol: 136 mg
Keywords: chicken bites, everything bagel chicken, chicken nuggets, easy chicken recipe