Cool, creamy, and vibrant, this cucumber and yogurt Tzatziki Sauce is delicious! And it’s is to make too. Serve it as a dip
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cucumber, thoroughly drained *see Notes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut up vegetables, crackers, pita chips, pretzels for serving
- Combine ingredients: In a medium size bowl, add Greek yogurt, shredded cucumber, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, dried dill, garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Stir to combine: Using a spatula, thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate: Place the sauce in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serve: Serve as a dip with cut up vegetables, crackers, chips or pretzels. Drizzle on steak, chicken, fish or pork. Toss with your favorite salad.
- Grab Greek yogurt ~ The thicker the yogurt the better for making this tzatziki sauce recipe. Either full fat or low fat are good options, Skip regular yogurts as they are too thin and runny.
- It’s an English cucumber for this recipe ~ Grab these long and skinny cucumbers for this tzatziki recipe. They contain less water, and you don’t need to peel them as they have thin skins.
- Squeeze out the cucumbers ~ Cucumbers contain A LOT of liquid. To ensure your sauce/dip/dressing isn’t to watery, squeeze out as much of the liquid as you can. Either do this with your hands or let drain in a mesh strainer for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate before serving ~ For the best cucumber and herb flavor, allow the sauce/dip/dressing to mellow in the refrigerator for about 1 to2 hours. Give it a stir before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: sauce, dip, dressing
- Method: no cooking required
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 58
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 208 mg
- Fat: 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg
Keywords: tzatziki, tzatziki sauce, cucumber yogurt sauce, tzatziki recipe, tzatziki dip, tzatziki dressing