This easy Pico de Gallo recipe is a super tasty fresh salsa that everyone will love! It’s a combination of farm fresh tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers, lime juice, and cilantro. Grab a bag of tortillas chips. This snack is DELICIOUS!
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- tortilla chips for serving
- In a medium sized bowl, add the tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, cilantro, lime juice, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir to combine. Taste and season to taste with kosher salt and pepper.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Choose tomatoes that are heavy for their size. They will have the most tomato flesh.
- Remove the seeds and pulp from the tomato as they will make the Pico de Gallo too watery. Just slice the tomato and scrap them out with a spoon.
- Dice all the vegetables in about the same size.
- The flavor of the vegetables can vary throughout the year. Be sure to taste the Pico de Gallo. Add a little kosher salt and pepper at a time. You can always add more to suit your tastes.
- If you like spicy foods, add chopped jalapeno or hot sauce to the Pico de Gallo.
- Pico de Gallo is best eaten the day it is made. But it will keep up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no cooking required
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 30
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 197 mg
- Fat: 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Pico de Gallo, appetizer idea, snack recipe, Mexican recipe