These Easy Crispy Baked Chicken Wings are absolutely the best wings! Just toss the wings with a few pantry spices and baking powder to add extra crispiness. These delicious chicken wings are unforgettable.
- cooking spray
- 4 to 4 1/2 pounds chicken wings ~ about 20 flats and drumettes
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- celery and carrot sticks
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place a cooling rack on top of the foil. Spray the rack with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking powder, kosher salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Set aside.
- Place the wings in a large bowl and sprinkle with the spice mixture. Toss to completely coat the wings.
- Place the wings on the cooling rack in the prepared baking sheet making sure that the wings do not touch.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Flip the wings over and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes. Flip the wings over again.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees. Bake the wings for another 15 to 20 minutes. The wings should be golden brown and crispy crunchy.
- Remove the wings from the oven and place on a platter.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and blue cheese.
- Serve the wings with the blue cheese dip and celery and carrot sticks.
- Make clean up a breeze by lining the baking sheet with foil.
- To ensure super crispy wings, place wings on a cooling rack in the baking sheet.
- Don’t make the mistake of using baking soda instead of baking powder. When the baking powder is mixed with salt, it dries out the chicken skin as it bakes making for crispy and crunchy wings.
- This wing recipe takes a little patience while they bake. Be sure to flip them so they are crispy on all sides.
- Increasing the oven temperature for the last 20 to 25 minutes of baking gives the wings a last blast of heat. They will be golden brown and delicious.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 80 minutes
- Category: appetizer, entree
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 5 wings
- Calories: 514
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 732 mg
- Fat: 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 46.1 g
- Cholesterol: 143 mg
Keywords: chicken wings, baked chicken wings, dinner ideas, tailgate recipes