These briny baked oysters are super delicious! The easy to prepare appetizer features oysters on the half shell, Parmesan and cheddar cheeses, creole seasoning, and parsley.
- 24 shucked oysters
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, place a large crinkled up piece of foil. It should fill the whole pan and will hold the oysters in place.
- Place the shucked oysters in the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each oyster with a pinch of creole seasoning and 1 teaspoon of each of the cheeses.
- Bake the oysters for about 15 minutes. The cheese should be melted and golden brown.
- Remove the oysters from the oven and sprinkle with the fresh parsley.
- Use a large rimmed baking sheet to hold the oysters on the half shell. Crinkle up a large sheet of foil (it should be about 1 1/2 times as large as the baking sheet) and place it in the baking sheet. The foil will hold the oysters in place so they don’t lose any of their delicious juices aka liquor.
- Make sure to freshly shred the cheeses either by hand or with a food processor. Pre shredded cheese has a coating of an anti clumping ingredient and inhibits the meltability of the cheese.
- Finely shred the cheeses. Only a small amount is needed for each oyster so the cheese should not overpower the flavor of the oysters.
- The baked oysters are ready when the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 oysters
- Calories: 114
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 283 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.2 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 11.6 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: oysters, baked oysters, appetizer