Cucumber Watermelon Appetizers with Blue Cheese are the perfect cool snack on a hot summer day. Top cucumber rounds with cubes of watermelon, salty blue cheese crumbles, blueberries, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of kosher salt and chopped fresh parsley.
- 24 (1/4 inch) cucumber rounds, sliced from an English cucumber
- 24 (1/2 inch by 1 inch) watermelon cubes
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 24 blueberries
- 2 – 3 teaspoons honey
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place cucumber rounds on a large platter. Top with watermelon cubes.
- Top watermelon with some blue cheese crumbles and press down lightly.
- Add a blueberry to each appetizer and press down lightly so the berry sticks to the cheese.
- Drizzle with the honey sparingly. You just want a few drops of honey on each appetizer.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and parsley.
- Serve immediately. The appetizers can also be made in advance. Assemble up to Step 3 and refrigerate up to 2 hours. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with kosher salt and parsley just before serving.
- Make sure to use an English cucumber to make watermelon appetizers. These are the ones that are long and skinny and have a thin peel. They also are less watery, have smaller seeds and are sweeter than the traditional cucumber.
- Cut the watermelon into cubes about 1/2 inch thick and 1 inch wide. This is the perfect bite sized piece.
- Blue cheese adds a salty, sharp flavor to the appetizers. Goat cheese, Gorgonzola and feta are excellent substitutes.
- Drizzle the watermelon appetizers sparingly with the honey. Just a few drops makes for tasty tidbits.
- The appetizers can also be made in advance. Assemble the cucumber rounds and top with watermelon cubes, blue cheese and blueberries. Refrigerate up to 2 hours. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with kosher salt and parsley just before serving.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no cooking required
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 appetizer
- Calories: 19
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 44 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
Keywords: watermelon appetizers, summer appetizers, cucumber appetizers, easy appetizers