A perfect breakfast quiche for mornings when entertaining overnight guests. The recipe can be adapted to include your favorite vegetables, breakfast meats and cheeses.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cottage cheese (small curd)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted) + more to butter pan
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese – cheddar (Gruerye, Swiss are great options too!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 9 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the cottage cheese, butter, and mustard.
- Add the spinach, bacon and cheese and stir gently.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is just set.
- Let cool slightly and cut into 16 squares.
The recipe can be adapted to include your favorite vegetables, breakfast meats and cheeses.
Substitute 2 cups of steamed or sauteed vegetables for the chopped spinach.
Substitute about 1/2 cup cooked breakfast sausage or ham for the bacon.
Substitute your favorite cheese for the cheddar.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake in oven
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 2 squares of quiche
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 727 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 22.3 g
- Cholesterol: 164 mg
Keywords: quiche, crustless quiche, breakfast quiche, quiche without a crust, brunch, bacon