Cooked and shredded turkey or chicken is combined with cream cheese and chopped artichoke hearts for delicious turkey slider sandwiches. A delicious leftover Thanksgiving turkey recipe.
- 6 cups of cooked and shredded turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can of artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 24 slider rolls
- 12 slices of Provolone cheese
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine shredded turkey, artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Stir to make sure all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Slice the rolls horizontally separating the tops from the bottoms. Place the bottoms on a large baking sheet (18 inches x 20 inches). 2 smaller baking pans can also be used in place of the large one.
- Evenly spread the turkey filling over the bottoms of the rolls.
- Top the filling with the Provolone cheese. Place the tops on the sliders.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with the melted butter.
- Cover the sliders with foil. Bake in oven for about 20 – 30 minutes. Uncover the sliders and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut between each slider roll if necessary. Serve immediately.
- It is easy to mix up the filling for the sliders. In a large bowl combine the shredded turkey, chopped artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, shredded Parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Stir to combine the ingredients making sure everything is incorporated.
- The recipe makes a large batch of 24 hearty turkey sliders. It’s enough to serve a crowd. Therefore, use a half sheet pan sized baking sheet or 2 smaller ones to assemble the sliders. Slice the slider rolls horizontally trying to keep the tops in one piece and the bottoms in one piece. Lay the bottoms in the baking sheet.
- Next, evenly spread the Parmesan dip and turkey filling on the bottoms of the rolls. Top the filling with the slices of Provolone cheese. Then place the tops of the rolls over the cheese. Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter. Then cover the whole pan with foil. The sliders can be refrigerated up to 24 hours or baked immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: entrée
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slider
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 620 g
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.3 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 16.9 g
- Cholesterol: 41 mg
Keywords: slider recipe, turkey sliders, leftover turkey recipe, Thanksgiving turkey