Chipotle Honey Orange Sauce for Pork Tenderloin Medallions is a sweet and savory entree with a fiery kick that comes together in about 20 minutes.
- Heat grill pan or grill to medium high heat.
- Brush the pork tenderloins with olive oil and sprinkle with the barbecue seasoning.
- Grill for about 3 to 4 minutes per side. You want the pork to just be cooked and still have a slight pink tint inside. Check the internal temperature of the pork with a digital thermometer. It should be about 140 to 145 degrees F. Remove from grill and tent with foil to keep warm.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat add the chopped chipotle pepper, honey, orange juice, and mustard and bring to a boil. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce slightly thickens. Remove from heat.
- Slice the pork tenderloin into 1 inch thick medallions. Place on a serving platter and drizzle with sauce. Serve with orange wedges.
- After seasoning the pork tenderloin, set it aside while you get the grill ready ~ about 20 minutes. It’s best to grill meat that is closer to room temperature. That way, it will cook more evenly.
- Make sure the grill is good and hot before adding the pork tenderloin. A hot grill ensures that the meat will not stick to the grill grate.
- Allow the pork tenderloin to grill about 3 to 4 minutes per side. As tenderloins are typically uneven in thickness, the timing of cooking each side can vary.
- Use a digital thermometer to check when the pork is done. The internal temperature should be about 140 to 145 degrees F at the thickest part of the meat. Remove the pork from the grill and cover with foil.
- The sauce comes together quickly. Keep an eye on it as it boils so it does not overflow. That would be a sticky mess on your stove top.
- Category: entree
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 18.4 g
- Sodium: 144 mg
- Fat: 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 31.2 g
- Cholesterol: 99 mg
Keywords: sauce for pork, pork tenderloin recipe, pork recipe, grill