An easy yet impressive entrée, Chicken with Capicola in White Wine & Butter Sauce is perfect for either a weeknight dinner or weekend dinner party.
- 8 thin chicken cutlets, about 3 oz each
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 8 thin slices of capicola
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and season with both sides with kosher salt and pepper. Place 1 slice of capicola on top of each piece of chicken. Press down lightly.
- Place about ¼ cup of flour in a large shallow plate. Dredge both sides of the chicken in the flour and set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and butter. When the butter has melted and is shimmering, add chicken to pan with the capicola side down. Make sure not to crowd the pan. If necessary, saute the chicken in 2 batches adding more olive oil and butter if needed. Saute the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and just cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Turn the heat up to medium high under the same saute pan. Add 1 cup of Chardonnay. Scrap up any bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring the wine to a gentle boil can cook for 3 to 4 minutes. The wine should be reduced by about ¼. Stir occasionally.
- Add the juice of ¼ lemon. Turn the heat to low and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir the sauce until the butter has melted and is incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the pan and coat with the sauce. Cover and let simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- To serve, remove the chicken from the pan and drizzle the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and the Parmesan cheese.
This recipe can be made in advance. Prepare the chicken according to the instructions but, do not top with the cheese and parsley. Store it in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
When you want to serve it, gently reheat it in a saute pan over low heat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: entree
- Method: stove top - saute
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 2 chicken cutlets
- Calories: 455
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 434 mg
- Fat: 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.6 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 46.7 g
- Cholesterol: 146 mg
Keywords: easy chicken recipe, chicken in white wine sauce, dinner ideas, chicken breast boneless recipes